Hmm, do I think Renee Fleming will wear gloves while signing the National Anthem before the Super Bowl?
If I cared, and thought I knew, I could bet it. That’s the beauty of the Super Bowl hype, the prop bets released by the Vegas boys.
Yes, you can bet on whether Fleming will wear gloves while she sings in the cold. You can also bet on what colors those gloves will be, if she’ll go over two minutes and 25 seconds and whether she’ll omit a word.
There are hundreds of different wager possibilities on Super Bowl Sunday. Thankfully, most involve the actual game. There are roughly 25 prop bets just on Russell Wilson’s stats.
Still, it’s hard not to chuckle at the following, courtesy of Bovada.lv.
- Will the lights go out in the stadium during the game? Take the No.
- Will Peyton Manning say Omaha more than 27½ times? Take the under.
- Will the Dow Jones go up or down the day after the Super Bowl? Yes, I’m serious this is on the board.
Here are some prop bets I think are the safest plays.
- Seattle receiver Percy Harvin’s over-under for receiving yards is 45½. Take the under.
- Seattle defensive end Cliff Avril’s over-under on sacks is a half. Take the over.
- I’m going under on Manning’s passing yards (290½) and over on his interception total (a half).
Oh, and the game. I want Seattle and the 2½ points, as well as the under on the 47-point total. The Seahawks are going to turn a 14-13 halftime deficit into a 30-14 victory. Not because of the cold weather, but because they’re better.